EASY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE

EASY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE
This Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe is super simple and is comfort food at it’s finest. This casserole is loaded up with ground beef, onions, garlic, vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is one of those dishes from my childhood that has stuck with me. Over the years this casserole dish has been made so many times. During the winter every time I have ground beef that I am needing to use in a dish the whole family requests shepherd’s pie. They even quite often ask for me to make it in the summer, ha ha. The recipe is so simple and basic, I think that’s why I do not mind making it so often.
EASY SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE
I have made them our Mini Shepherd’s Pies a few times. I like how simple they are but, I like that I can feed my entire family with one large casserole dish with this recipe.
When the budget is tight this Shepherd’s Pie Recipe can be a money saving meal. I can add in what veggies and however much ground beef I have on hand. Plus if I am using Instant Potatoes they are always so cheap when using coupons combined with a sale.
I will quite often use fresh veggies and homemade potatoes when I have time. This specific recipe is made with frozen veggies and instant potatoes. I actually prefer it with the instant potatoes (hubby likes the real stuff, ha ha).
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
  • 4 cups Mashed Potatoes
  • 1 tbsp Oil
  • 1 tsp Minced Garlic
  • 1 Onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 2 tbsp Flour
  • 12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots, thawed
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add ground beef, onion and garlic.
  3. Cook until browned and drain.
  4. In another skillet or pan, melt putter and add flour.
  5. Cook roux for 2 minutes.
  6. Whisk in worcestershire and milk.
  7. Cook for 1 minute to thicken.
  8. Combine beef mixture, gravy and thawed vegetables.
  9. Place in baking dish.
  10. Top with mashed potatoes and place in oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
  • 4 cups Mashed Potatoes
  • 1 tbsp Oil
  • 1 tsp Minced Garlic
  • 1 Onion diced
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 2 tbsp Flour
  • 12 oz Frozen Peas and Carrots thawed
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add ground beef, onion and garlic.
  3. Cook until browned and drain.
  4. In another skillet or pan, melt putter and add flour.
  5. Cook roux for 2 minutes.
  6. Whisk in worcestershire and milk.
  7. Cook for 1 minute to thicken.
  8. Combine beef mixture, gravy and thawed vegetables.
  9. Place in baking dish.
  10. Top with mashed potatoes and place in oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through.

more recipes @ https://cincyshopper.com


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel